Wednesday

October 11, 2005

Both Both (October 2005)

This came in the mail for Stephanie and Stephanie, thankfully, left it on my desk for me to flip through. Both Both has all the fun of split 7 inch indie singles: two poets, one issue, a flipside.

This particular issue features Paul Hoover and Alli Warren. I was going to write about how Hoover's poems seemed tighter and more controlled in juxtaposition to Warren's more looslely constructed poems; that is, until I noticed that the lines of Warren's fifth stanza on what would be page 7 if paginated contain not only the same number of syllables, but that line 20 repeats the same vowels found in line 19:

Floodgates bulge
people float up

So I'm not going to say that. Instead, I will say that Both Both is a good poetry zine edited by John Sakkis.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger John Sakkis said...

hey david, thanks for the nice words...

xx-john

10:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home