Friday

November 30, 2006

According to the thermometer on the fridge, it's 47° F (8.3° C) in the studio tonight and bound to get colder. I mean, it's nothing like the Blizzard of '78 in Montreal, where my uncle Ronny had to shovel a passageway out of the house because we were shut in by a snow drift (which if memory serves correctly he did in shorts, being from the Northwest Territory and all). I live in Oakland (1); I've only seen snow here once, and it was the kind of snow that melts before it hits the pavement, just a few early morning flakes really. But I've got-to-got-to buy some better gloves and an extra blanket or two this weekend.
_____
(1) Tonianne, lifelong Bay Area resident and allstar human being, remembers about three inches of snow in February 1976.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home