Monday

May 13, 2007

Proof that I am no longer in my early twenties came Friday as I wrenched my back lifting a keg of beer into a bucket for the ice down. The reading the keg was for went well, despite a few minor techincal & logistical set-backs; that is, the readers were all very amazing.
Saturday, I rented a car for the weekend and drove for the first time in two years. Drove into San Francisco (forgot how frustrating SF driving was), had brunch at a smal place in Potrero Hill, then went to the Masonic Hall to watch Sha's commencement. Yep, she's graduated. Then went to Top of the Mark for a drink with her class. Finished off the night driving by the cranes at the Port of Oakland. They are awe inspiring, a true vision of American industry.
Sunday, drove with Sha up into Sonoma county, then into Marin, winding up at Stinson Beach. Beautiful day for beach combing. Tested my driving skills & reflexes on highway 1. Then went to the Albany Landfill to see how the Sniff pieces were holding up (weathered, but most were still there). There were some newer Burning Man style large scale sculptures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home