Monday

September 23, 2007


1923-2007
If I'm remembering correctly, I saw Marcel Marceau perform at the unlikely venue of Macomb Community College in Michigan back in the late 80s or very early 90s. It was when I was working summers in a paint factory to pay for college. This was around this time that I began to understand Cocteau's claim that everything he did was poetry, as Marceau was certainly a poet without words.
This performance inspired me later to try a pantomime series for street corners, which I think I may just ought to revisit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ferndale Denizen said...

There is a long and lovely obituary in Monday's NY Times. CBS Sunday Morning played an interview from the 80's with him, and he seemed such a generous and beautiful soul.

22:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home