Wednesday

March 18, 2009

1. Listened to the (Devil) Rays and the Pirates the other morning. I love baseball radio over the internet. Walter Lew turned me on to this a few years ago. It's not like China cares much about baseball. I still can't find out if their own league is even happening this year; even though, the Chinese national team beat Taiwan 4-1 in the World Classic.
2. Oakland is Thick with Fours is now up on PennSound.
3. Coffee is just about everywhere in Beijing. The little shop where I buy my morning "meat-stuffed bread" sells it for 2 kuai. There are 4 or 5 coffee shops along my walk to the subway, just three blocks from my house. And my workplace has just bought a pretty fancy automatic single cup coffee maker for students, in addition to the more pedestrian Mr. Coffee style coffee maker in the teachers' office.
4. Mark your calendars. May 1st is the 9th annual 21 Grand benefit art sale. If you can, go buy something.
5. zero-zero-seven-bang. . . ahhh! In China you can make a whole late night out of that.
6. I still want that yappy dog put out to pasture. That or killed; I honestly don't care which at this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home