Tuesday

July 21, 2009

Been working small with ink and paper and pen and whatnot. I need to buy a tarp if I'm going to continue to work in my apartment. I have a good relationship with my landlord (who lives most of the year in Japan; hence, I NEVER see him) and I really don't want to fuck up his floors. In many ways I miss the warehouses in the Oakland ghettos: having Jorge Piaget to keep up with just one of the features.

***

After work ice cold draft beers are 3 yuan (50 cents). At this point, my coworkers and I have befriended 75% of the staff including the couple who owns our regular watering hole. Chuar, all meat kabobs (usually lamb) barbecued on a stick, are cheap and just plain good. They go for a yuan a piece.

***

A student originally from Inner Mongolia has invited me to her parents' house to eat Mongolian noodles. I have no idea what that means, but nothing about it is sounding bad. I hope I get to help make them.

***

Rodney, what happens between the 5 and 7 is the death of slapstick and shadow-puppetry. Let us bow our heads in rememberance of bygone arts.

***

Fucking Godsquaders. Making shit difficult for the rest of us with legitimate work visas.

***

Candy Matson was an awesome radio show. http://www.oneact.org/productions/CandyMatson/CandyMatson.pdf

***

Sorry about the above link, but I have few of the usual features blogger offers, so I had to put it all out there.

***

Kerouac + beach = unhappy

***

On my cab ride to work, as I was reading Big Sur, I unfortunately got Natalie Merchant's "hey Jack Kerouac / I think of your mother" song in my head. I had to put the book back in my bag.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ferndale Denizen said...

1. BBQ is the only way to eat lamb, as it gets rid of that wooly taste.
2. You'd rather have 10,000 Maniacs stuck in your head than our current list of annoying baby songs.

08:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great to see you back DHH!

02:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home