Friday

October 8, 2010

The Wangfujing Bookstore is good for having things I feel I should have read, but haven't yet. Tonight's visit put a few more things on my to be read sooner rather than later shelf:

John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath. I've read a fair amount of shorter Steinbeck, so I'm looking forward to meeting the Joads.

Moliere, Les Fourberies de Scapin.

Henri Pichette, Apoèmes (1979; repr. Gallimard, 1995).

Michel Quint, Effroyable jardins (2000; repr. Gallimard, 2004).

Jack London, The Best Short Stories of Jack London. For the subway ride to work.

Carl Jung, Aspects of the Masculine (1989; repr. Routledge, 2008).

Herbert Read, To Hell with Culture (1963; repr. Routledge, 2002).

Beowulf, trans. John McNamara (Barnes & Noble, 2005). It's been a while since I reread this.

This plus some poetry books I ordered from SPD yesterday should keep me engaged for a spell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home