Wednesday

May 18, 2011

"I will win this battle if I have to kill every last white bitch in high heels around here."

Roseanne Barr spins a very interesting tale of sexism and classism about the making of her show, and how nada has changed since.

At the time of its peak, I didn't recognize the importance of Roseanne. Being working class, I've never thought about it. You see a family similar to you on TV, and why not, that's your life?

But for the life of me tonight, I can't think of any other mainstream prime time American TV show EVER that deals/dealt with the working class (unless you count crime shows, which I don't).

Being in China, there may be new shows that champion the working class, the hardest hit in the financial downturn. If these shows exist, lemme know.
___
(Amy King on Facebook clued me in to the Barr interview)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home